Welcome to Coleraine!
Nestled on the north shore of beautiful Trout Lake in north central Minnesota’s Itasca County, Coleraine combines tranquil natural beauty with the timeless charm of a rural community. We’re a remarkable town that embraces our rich mining history and ethnic culture, engages our neighbors as friends, and enjoys the abundant fishing, hunting and outdoor adventure that living next to nature brings.
Inspired by the vibrant, changing seasons, Coleraine offers a wide variety of outdoor experiences for both residents and visitors:
- Golf on Eagle Ridge’s stunning, 18-hole championship golf course overlooking Trout Lake
- Bicycle on the Mesabi Trail, one of Minnesota’s finest bike routes
- Swim with the family at Cotton Park beach & boat landing, lifeguards on duty – located on the north end of Trout Lake
- Downhill and cross-country ski, snowboard, ski-jump, biathlon, and Nordic-combined at Mt. Itasca, home to the U.S. Junior Biathlon Team
- Spend a lazy afternoon fishing from shore or soaking up the sun in magnificent Longyear Park
- Snowmobile, 4-wheel and hunt on scenic, groomed nature trails
Coleraine… a small Canisteo Company mining town est. 1909, that is rich in heritage and outdoor adventures. It’s a safe, clean, active community where handshakes are heartfelt and neighbors work to strengthen their community.
Coleraine is located approximately 200 miles north of Minneapolis/St. Paul and 80 miles Northwest of Duluth, MN.